Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Diamonds in the Rough!

We call them diamonds in the rough.  Those things that you may not expect but out of nowhere it seems, that bright shining star appears.

Often times, they aren't discovered until you reflect. It takes time, hence the expression.  You can find them in almost any subject matter you look.  Sports, education, various careers, and ob and on.

The area I'm referring to tonight is family.  As I've taken time to look back, I've found quite a few diamonds lately. 

The largest diamond gleamed brightly this past week. She was the one who has been the glue of our family. She's kept everyone together through the toughest of times.

I learned valuable lessons from her myself. Some of those lessons it took me many, many years to learn.

The funny thing is that they were easily recognizable but I disguised them through my own ruggedness.

It's hard finding out what you could have and should have known for so long. But you can learn from the blindness and work to make everyday that lies ahead better.

Look around you, look hard, and look deep. There are diamonds around you. Some are right in front of you. Cherish each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment