Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day 2021

As I get older, time with family has become extremely important to me.  As a father since the age of 17, it has always had special meaning but with age it seems to really hit the heart chords.

Maybe it's the experience and knowing that nothing stays the same and our babies wont stay young forever.

My baby is 21 now, not exactly a toddler anymore, and I am so overjoyed everytime I see him and have been over the moon that hes come to visit,  stayed overnight,  and went on a few trips with us.

My 16 year old lives with his mom and I havent seen him in a while. Hes doing okay which is my 1st concern but i really hope i will see him again soon.

The others are all still at home, the oldest being 11.  I know I have a few years with them but that goes so fast.

When we're a kid, our parents tell us that time doesn't stand still but we dont believe it. Now that we're adults,  we know what they mean.

Speaking of parents and Fathers Day, I really miss mine but i know hes doing better than he let on during his final years here on Earth. I learned so much from him, even emwhen i didnt take his advice.  And i know sime of the personal traits and characteristics I have taken on, i learned from him.

So I'll be forever grateful for my own father and I hope that my kids will look up to me in the future and know I did my best. I'm learning from them everyday and I'm so glad I could spend quality time with the kiddos on this Father's Day 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment